Parish History

St. Ann Catholic Church of Gulf Breeze, Florida originated as a mission church of St. Michael Catholic Church of Pensacola, Florida.  St. Ann Chapel was dedicated on Pentecost Sunday, June 5th, 1949 and began celebrating Sunday Mass for the small but growing community of Gulf Breeze residents and vacationers.

On  October 3, 1958, Bishop Thomas J. Toolen appointed the Reverend James  F. Gallagher as the first resident pastor of the new St. Ann Catholic Church.

Two years later, property donated by the Hoffman Foundation would become the building site of the new St. Ann Catholic Church, dedicated March 21, 1961 by Bishop Toolen.

Priests  who have served as Pastor of St. Ann included: Father James F.  Gallagher, Father John F. Colreavy, Father Thomas Sadler, Monsignor  Terrell F. Solana, and Monsignor Luke Hunt.

Priests  who have served as Pastor of St. Ann included: Father James F.  Gallagher, Father John F. Colreavy, Father Thomas Sadler, Monsignor  Terrell F. Solana, and Monsignor Luke Hunt.

God’s work has spread in the parish of St. Ann and in the Gulf Breeze community.  What  was a small mission chapel in 1949 with only summer parishioners and  tourists in attendance grew to a year round church with approximately  900 families, operates a year round Discovery School, and maintains  facilities including the Church, Chapel, Education Building, Parish  Hall, and Family Life Center.